Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Great Cauliflower Stand-Off


That was during her happy time today. However, dinner time was not a happy time tonight. Addalie is a really good eater, but tonight she would not eat her dinner. And I'm really afraid she is trying to be a no-vegetable kind of gal, which really upsets me. She won't even take a bite of them, so I wanted her to try a bite of cauliflower because I didn't think she had even had it before. She absolutely refused and I told her she couldn't get out of her highchair till she ate a bite, just one. Is that asking too much?

So guess how long we sat there? About 35 minutes! It became less about me wanting her to eat a vegetable and all about her absolute refusal to obey! She just glared at me with this look that said, "I dare you to get me to eat that." She tried everything to get out of it. She hid it and said "All gone!" She put it to her lips and made smacking sounds, she threw it on the ground. She tried being super sweet to get me to get her out. She cried, she glared, she tried it all.

So who won this stand-off? I'm gonna go with NOBODY! She never ate, I got impatient, and she got a spanking. It was so sad. And a bit scary. I mean, what kind of stubbornness awaits me in the future?

1 comment:

  1. Sena-remember I have told you how Daniel was-I just keep praying she doesn't take after her daddy in the stubborness dept! Give my baby girl a kiss from her Gran-D.

    ReplyDelete