Friday, October 29, 2010

Our TV stand is lonely!

Our house is pretty much free of electronics today! Last night we came home from a Halloween party to find that we had been robbed. I couldn't believe it. It's one of those things you think will never happen to you. They took both our TVs, all our computers, our Wii, dvd players, and even my Roomba vacuum! I thought they had taken some of my jewelry because it was all over the place, but it was all there! I don't own but a couple of valuable pieces, and those were the things that have sentimental value, so I'm so thankful they passed over them! It felt awful to know someone had been in our house, going through our stuff. We are usually home on Thursdays because we host a small group from church every week. But this week our small group helped us throw a big Halloween party at Monterone so we were all over at the Clubhouse. We were thankful to have everybody there helping us out when we found out we were robbed though.


I put some fall decorations on our TV stand to keep it from looking so lonely.


This is me making Addalie's Halloween costume. It's one of those times when I feel like a mom because my mom always made our costumes. I thought, "How many more of these do I have in my future?"


I was a chef with a "bun in the oven" for the party. The top part says "Bake with care. Cook at womb temperature for 7 more weeks. Expect finished bun by mid-December." I know I'm cheesy, but it was fun!

And here is my little Pebbles Flinstone!
Her shirt kept curling up too much b/c it was made from a cut up t-shirt, but hey, she's one, she can show a little belly!
Yes, her hair is orange. She loved it, especially since orange seems to be her favorite color these days. Her little boyfriend from church is Bam Bam, so we will get a pic with him and post it later!

All in all, it's been quite an eventful few days. The party took tons of time and preparation, and was a success! There were probably any where from 150-200 people there and we had a lot of fun! It was not so much fun to come home and experience the fear of knowing someone had robbed you, but we are so thankful it wasn't worse and none of us were home at the time. You know, looking back over the past few years, I've had a lot of things stolen from me. My car, two cell phones, my jewelry, our cars broken into, and now this. I think God is making sure I realize that material possessions are not important! Lesson learned! I am so thankful for what he has given me outside of material blessings. I have a wonderful family and our friends last night just made me feel so blessed. By the way, thanks to the Magees for the use of their computer to write all this on!

Oh, and if you are wondering, we did have insurance so everything should be taken care of :)

2 comments:

  1. Sena that is awful, but I am so glad you weren't home either. Most of all I love the lesson you found in it and your amazing perspective on thing. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found out on Saturday what happened.. that is crazy. I'm so glad yall have a great attitude about it.. and that you have insurance!

    ReplyDelete