Wednesday, November 24, 2010

AHHH! (That was me screaming)

Sometimes you just need to scream, right? Ok, I'm over it now, but that's how I felt this past weekend. Daniel and I had the opportunity as a CARES Team to attend a Weekend to Remember conference in San Antonio. We were really looking forward to just getting away together before the baby comes, but unfortunately, our weekend was tainted a little. We received a call on the way there that informed us that as of Dec 31 we will no longer be the CARES Team here, thus taking away our apartment. (Insert scream here) I mean, seriously, could the timing be ANY worse?

Basically, in an effort to keep a leasing agent here that could no longer afford to live here because of commission and budget cuts, management is allowing his wife to take over as activity director (not with the CARES program) in order to give them a discounted apartment and ensure that he remains on staff. It was painful news, and though we understand the business side of it, it felt really personal. We have a relationship with this family and with the other staff here. We were thinking we would have to move immidiately in order to get settled before the baby, and that would mean a lot of money to move that we don't exactly have readily available. I just cried and cried. I'm so tired of moving and I have loved this apartment. There is just no way we can pay the expensive rent on a two bedroom.

So we tried to not let it ruin the weekend. It was hard, but we really did enjoy it and had a relaxing time together.
This is a gingerbread house they were building in the lobby of our hotel. It was really cool and made out of tons of real gingerbread and icing. I wish we could have seen the finished product!
The huge lobby was already all decorated for Christmas. I loved it of course!

This is on the backside of the resort. It was like a sprawling plantation. We loved just walking around.
Me at 36 weeks! (I'm now 37 weeks pregnant!)

On a completely unrelated note, we are now able to put Addalie's hair in pigtails! She looks so so cute and like such a big girl! We cannot, however, get a decent picture of her with them!
Ok, back to our weekend. We got to make a stop on the way, (prior to the bad news) at an old friends that I hadn't seen since junior year of college! Susan was my boss at Noah Project in Abilene, and then I babysat for her little boy after she no longer worked there. I fell in love with this family and missed them terribly when they moved to California. Well, they moved outside of San Antonio and we moved to Round Rock, and we finally got to reconnect!
Little Zachary isn't so little any more! He was so big and just about the sweetest kid I've ever met. We looked at pictures from when he was a baby and he acted like we were best friends. It completely melted my heart!


So that's what we've been dealing with lately. We did meet with our manager and we worked out something where we can definitely stay till the end of January, so praise God for that! As for beyond that, I have no idea. We are most likely going to stop doing CARES because of the new baby, new situation, etc. and rent a house somewhere in Round Rock. Please pray for everything to work out. We were not at all planning on any of this and are really just trying to get through all the changes in our lives with as little stress as possible. We want to leave the apartment on good terms and be a good representative of Christ no matter what. Please pray for our relationships here and for peace in the next months. Sorry for such a long post!





2 comments:

  1. So sorry Sena. We are praying for y'all. He will provide! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sena...my thoughts and prayers are with you all and I am hopeful the silver lining in this will be there soon for you. I know it is horrible timing, but maybe in the end it will be a blessing...only time will tell. With the love and faith you and Daniel have, you will no doubt be fine. I am always here, not too far down the road, to help if you need it...just ask and I will be there, seriously. Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete