Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Long Post, Lots of Pics

I wanted to break down our trip and blog by state, but I just can't seem to get around to that, so here is a rundown of the rest of our trip to New England:

Our first night out of Boston we stayed in Glen, NH at the Bernerhof Inn. This place was awesome. It had a really quaint feel, but all these really hi-tech amenities.
 This was our room there.
 Asher was happy to be out of the car! He and Daniel had some good bonding time on the trip.
 It had a huge tub!

They had no cribs or anything, so this is where Asher slept! Don't worry, we left the lid open!
 This was an absolutely gorgeous lake in Meredith, NH
 One of the covered bridges we saw!
 The backside of our second B&B- Starbuck Inn in Kent, CT.
 Another covered bridge.
 Part of the amazing countryside.
 Ok, remember how I said we based a lot of the trip on Gilmore Girls? Well, I got to visit the actual town that Stars Hollow is modeled after! It was such a cute little place, and really did remind me of Stars Hollow. If it had a gazebo in the center of town, it would have been perfect! We had coffee at the coffee shop and bought some baby food at this tiny little grocery store that reminded me of Doosey's Market. It literally had like, 5 aisles and the 3 people that worked there wore their little aprons and gossiped about the townspeople as they worked! I loved it!
 Daniel had to visit ESPN in Bristol, CT. We then visited Yale University in New Haven, but I didn't have a really good picture to post. We got T-shirts though!
 This is a town called Essex in Conneticut. It was right on the water and full of old homes. It was beautiful!
 That night we stayed outside of Mystic, CT at the Stonecroft Inn. We loved this place too. It reminded me of the Dragonfly Inn in Gilmore Girls! (I know, I'm a nerd)
 The backside of the Stonecroft- It had really pretty gardens.
 And this is were Asher slept that night! It was his best night's sleep on the trip!
 I have yet to find anyone who knows what I'm talking about, but you know the Julia Roberts movie, Mystic Pizza? Well, we ate at THE Mystic Pizza! They had really good pizza, and I was so excited when I figured out the Mystic CT,  was the Mystic in the movie. I'm slow on making connections sometimes!
 On our way to Providence to fly home (which we got stuck in because our flight was cancelled) we stopped by one of the many lighthouses in Rhode Island. You can't really go inside any of the working ones though.. Oh well.
 Asher loves the ocean!

That pretty much sums it up! Though we actually took about 500 pictures! We saw some of God's amazing creation and really got to relax and spend special time with each other and with Asher. It was a memorable trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment