Monday, October 3, 2011

New England Trip- Maine Highlights

We loved Maine! We were only there for a few hours, but we ate as much lobster as possible while we were there!
It's tricky to get a good picture when Asher can't hold the camera too well.

Ok, so its confession time. Much of this trip was inspired by my love for Gilmore Girls. Yes, I watch it, we have the whole series on DVD, we thought about naming our daughter Lorlai. Just kidding, but I do like the show. In one of the later episodes, Lorelai mentions this place off the coast of Maine called Barnacle Billy's so I checked to see if it were a real place, and it was! It was in a little place called Perkins Cove in Ogunquit. We loved it!

This big guy was straight off the boat!

It was so pretty there!

The Atlantic Ocean! It was pretty overcast and rainy, but still beautiful!

Pictures don't do it justice. It was so quaint and picturesque. I loved the nautical look of everything.

We ended up buying some salt water taffy made right there by the ocean. We ate so much of it, I lost a filling in my tooth! It was good though!

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture of the three of you in front of the ocean!

    ReplyDelete