Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

I know it has been a few days since I updated this thing. But trust me, there was good reason. We were super duper busy this past week with CARES (Apartment ministry) events. We had five events in the span of eight days, combined with many welcome visits and everyday life. I am so thankful this week is here. I have almost nothing planned and it's fabulous!

We had a busy Easter weekend but it was really fun! We hosted a resident brunch on Saturday with a few egg hunts for the kids. Addalie was cute picking up a couple of eggs, but I was unfortunately too busy running around like a crazy person to get any pictures. My friend Michelle did though, so maybe I'll post it later. Then we had a great day at church on Sunday. Addalie looked adorable if I do say so! My sweet mother in law gave me money to buy us both new Easter dresses-always fun- so Addalie got to get dolled up from head to toe! My dress felt more comfy than pajamas so I wore it all day!


















We went to Nick and Jada's after church for some yummy Rudy's BBQ and just to spend some good time with family. We had been avoiding each other because of all the sick kids so it was good to hang out. Then that evening we headed to our friends Lance and Donna's house for a pot luck Easter dinner! We have such wonderful friends from church. I always feel like my friends are better friends to me than I am to them. Lance and Donna even gave all the kids little Easter gifts! I'm pretty sure I'm not that thoughtful.














Here is one of Addalie's Round Rock boyfriends, Colten. He's super cute.


Hanging out at the Loopers.











This Easter was a bit heart wrenching as I thought of our dear friends at Monterone who don't know Jesus. I am feeling a sense of urgency with them, but I know it's in God's hands. We have been very open with them about our Savior and have shared our lives with them. The Easter sermon has prompted me to pray even harder for them, and I ask that you do as well. Pray for us as we minister here and try to be effective in the midst of events. We have planted many seeds, but we desperately need God to come and drastically change the hearts of our Monterone friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment