Monday, April 19, 2010

I feel like our lives have been a little boring activity-wise lately. I mean, we've had several CARES things going on, but they seem like regular activities now that we've been doing this for a while. We did go to our 8 year old neighbor's birthday party this weekend. Addalie didn't know what to think about a bunch of screaming, giggling girls, and I didn't know what I was going to do when I find myself there in the future!




















Also, I decided to start running this past weekend. I have now been out a couple of times and it actually feels pretty good. I ran all the time in HS because I had to, and I pretty much hated every minute of it. But I ran a little for exercise in college and after we got married and started to really enjoy (well, I don't know if I'm there yet) it. So anyway, it's nice to just be doing a little exercise even if I'm not going very far.


There is something about running out on the sidewalk where cars are passing that makes me feel superior to others. I'm like, "these people are driving and I'm out here running, so they must be lazy and I'm not." So I was jogging and feeling all good about myself when out of nowhere, this guy decked out in spandex zooms past me and is already 200 yds. in front of me before I even knew what happened. I'm suddenly very aware of my butt jiggling back and forth and my thighs rubbing together. Thank you Lord for continuously humbling me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sena! That made me laugh...congrats to you for running....still can't that to be my thing as much as I might need it to be...I am all about walking Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I know what you mean, not about the running thing (not doing that) but about everything jiggling. :) Lately I've been motivated to work out as well- just hasn't happened yet. :) I keep picturing that super-bowl commercial from a few years back where that lady is running down the beach and her whole body is waving in the wind...ya, that's what I would look like if I went running on the beach in a bathing suit right now! Good for you for running though!

    ReplyDelete