Sunday, June 27, 2010

Rock the Rock

We had a crazy but awesome week this week. Our church put on an outreach event called Rock the Rock. We put on kids' clubs in four different parks around the city and had over 200 kids show up. Several came to know Christ and several families visited our church today!

It was so much fun being a part of the clubs this week. We are here at Monterone ministering to a completely different demographic and it was nice to get back to doing some of the "mission trip" type work that I hadn't done in a while. It reminded me of so many of the people I had worked with at New Life Mission in Ohio and pulled at my heartstrings a little. I think I'd forgotten about how much I enjoy working in that environment. Some of the circumstances surrounding the work I did in Ohio kind of tainted my view of things toward the end of our time there. I hate that I had become a bit cynical and jaded, but those emotions were gone this week as we did Rock the Rock and God brought back the love I used to have for the people and the work.

Addalie enjoyed hanging out with Donna this week! She would swing with her as long as Addalie wanted!

No comments:

Post a Comment